Thursday, March 17, 2011

8 Things I Love About Rain



Now that spring is finally approaching, it's been raining a lot here in Denmark. And since rain gets a bad rep (frizzy hair, wet socks, smelly dogs...), I thought I'd give it a little credit, by listing the 8 things I love about it:

1. Puddles. Nothing is more satisfying than walking through a puddle in your rain boots. When I was little, I was always extremely hopeful that I'd find a frog family in the biggest puddles, so I always checked before splashing through them.

2. The way rain sounds on anything. Your roof. Your windshield. Your umbrella.

3. The second of silence as you drive under an overpass.

4. The smell.

5. Kid. Rain. Gear.

6. The strength of one rain drop. Have you ever noticed how they cling onto things for dear life?

7. How rainy days force you to finish that book you've been reading for three years.

8. Sharing an umbrella. With your best friend, or your boyfriend, or your little sister. I love it.

Does anyone else love rain?
p.s. That adorable illustration is by my Mother :)


1 comment:

  1. Love! ♥
    do you remember when we found the little fish in a puddle at Bard?

    I love 3.

    ReplyDelete