Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Razor Girl

A week or so ago, I was on the train on my way home when Razor Girl got on and sat down across from me. Razor Girl is about 12 or 13 years old, with long brown hair and tanned skin, and she comes on the train the stop before I get off. I've seen her 3 times. She has a razor with her (as in the scooter, those super cool modes of transportation), a backpack, and colorful sneakers. She sits down, and we stare at each other. There's something about her that feels strangely familiar, like I'm looking into the mirror, or into the past, or into the future...whatever it is, it draws me in, and I can't stop staring at her. Thing is, I think she feels the same way, because she stares back. Sounds creepy, but I don't think it is. It's oddly comforting, to look at a complete stranger and to feel some sort of connection. Last week she said something to me in Danish, and I told her I didn't understand, and then it was my stop, and I was leaving. I stood on the platform for a few minutes just watching the train go, feeling completely strange, like a friendly ghost had just hugged me. Have you ever felt that way?

p.s. Sorry I haven't been posting- it's been very busy around here with finals and getting ready to head back to the states--yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment